Spring has sprung! Many springtime items can pose a hazard to your pet’s health.
The Easter Lily is very common this time of year, but it is also highly toxic to cats. Daffodils are also very toxic. Signs to watch out for include vomiting and lethargy. If not treated, this could progress to kidney failure and death. It is important to contact your veterinarian right away if you think your cat may have ingested any part of the plant. It’s also very important to prevent any ingestion, so keep these plants out of your cat’s reach!
Easter grass and other stringy materials like tinsel can be very harmful to your pets, especially curious kitties. The first signs of your pet ingesting a foreign object like these are vomiting, straining to defecate and a painful abdomen. It is NOT recommended to try and pull out the visible object (such as Easter grass or strings). This can cause more harm.
As always, it is very important to keep your pets away from chocolate. Dark chocolate is the most toxic to your pets. Early signs of chocolate ingestion include vomiting, diarrhea, and trembling.
Xylitol, commonly found in candies, chewing gum and baked goods is also toxic to your pets. It can cause severe abnormalities with blood sugar, resulting in seizures, coma or even death. It is very important to try and keep your pets away from any candy, gum and baked goods.
Please contact us right away if you think your pet has gotten into any of these hazards.
Hope everyone has a happy and safe springtime!
Connect with us:
We are proud to be AAHA accredited!
16765 East Parkview Avenue
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Mon - Sat
7:30am - 5:30pm
Save time - complete this form before your visit.